“Real Estate Never Sleeps”
After four decades of living in La Jolla, it’s natural for me to want to help people build lives here and enjoy the coast as much as I do. The tradition runs in the family as my parents were both real estate agents and local developers. I take a very personal and competitive approach to business, believing that real estate never sleeps and I live by this mantra, serving my clients day-in and day-out.
Capitalizing on a natural aptitude for dialog, I earned a degree in communications from the University of Southern California and spent the following years working as a legal investigator. Ten years, 60 cases, and over $1Billion in judgments later, I had learned a thing or two about getting results and interacting with all walks of life – setting the stage for a prosperous transition into luxury real estate.
In 2000, my wife and I started our family, soon made brighter by three beautiful children. As I roll down mostly unchanged streets and join them in the waves of familiar beaches, I’m reminded of a blissful childhood playing soccer, baseball, football, swimming
In 2001, I joined the flourishing real estate market. I'm proud to be affiliated with Pacific Sotheby's International Realty and call our Prospect Street office home.
Through continued, high-intensity professional development, I keep expectations high. In 2016 we transacted $48 million in residential real estate, helping 45 clients buy or sell a piece of the coastal dream. In 2017, we topped that and represented $50,332,500 in real estate transactions!
Aside from work and family, my passion is music – whether writing, playing, singing, or just listening, I don’t go long without it. I have played guitar and bass for 28 years. Travel is another passion, which goes hand in hand with seeking and surfing the most challenging waves I can find, including Sunset Beach in Hawaii and Cloudbreak Reef in Fiji.
Life is busy & exciting. I manage it all by staying organized, alert, healthy and grateful. Like my parents before me, I live, work and raise my family in La Jolla. I've made the decision to be one of the top realtors to ever work in coastal San Diego. Technology does not frighten me, change does not get in my way. I am a sales soldier dedicated to being the best in my field. I greatly look forward to speaking with you about your residential adventure on the coast.
"Quite simply, Jim delivers. At our first meeting, he presented a clear plan that was specific to the unique needs of our home. The thought and effort that went into that presentation
"Jim McInerney [is one] of the most professional, knowledgeable, and all around fantastic agents around! My husband and I just closed escrow and Jim [has] been there for us every step of the way. From showing us numerous properties and giving us ... professional opinion when we wanted it, to
Why work with Jim?
- Earned the circle of excellence platinum highest award for 2017 for closing over $50M by the San Diego Association of Realtors and SD
- Top Producer and Award Winner year after year
- Licensed Realtor since 2002
- Member of San Diego Board of Realtors
- Member, Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Member of Real Estate Brokerage Association of La Jolla
- Investor & Luxury Rehab Specialist
- Member of California Association of Realtors
- Member of National Association of Realtors
- Coached by Tom Ferry, ranked number 1 real estate coach in North America
- Residential property sales & exchanges including fine residences and estates
- Knowledgeable analysis of property values & market trends
- Renowned credibility and expertise in resolving difficult transactions
- Exceptionally skilled negotiations and astute business sense
Nativeof La Jolla & Credit resident of La Jolla Sponsorof La Jolla High sports team